Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ode to My Designer Wifebeater

I bought you on Melrose
While I was looking for other clothes.
It was a mission for Frankie B jeans
When I realized I didn’t have any white shirts clean
You were on a shelf with other colored tanks
But to orange and pink and blue I said No thanks
Because I like my wifebeaters to be the classic white
Because any other color just wouldn’t be right
You were softer than most shirts Id ever own
And boy has my love for you grown
But in the beginning I was unsure
Because If it isn’t a Hanes wifebeater it might be unpure
You were in a trendy boutique in LA
And you didn’t even have a name on your tag that I could say
Instead you had a Heart and Moon and Star picture on your tag
And I was sure that had to be a red flag
Warning me not to stray from Hanes I thought
And a struggle within me was then fought
But I threw caution to the wind and purchased you
You were so damn soft I wanted to buy two
I was scared I might lose you and I wanted a spare
So I wouldn’t have to fly back to LA in case one day you weren’t there
But here we are together 3 years later
And I haven’t ever have a problem with designer wifebeater haters
Your still my shirt and I wear you with pride
One day I thought I lost you and I almost cried
I still love Hanes shirts that come three to a bag
But I will never abandon my shirt with the Heart Moon and Star Tag.

No comments: