Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nest On (The Maggots Nest Anthem)

Nest On ( My Ode to the Maggots Nest)

By Lizzi Tish

Every time that I look in the mirror
No more Natty Ice and things get clearer
the beers are gone
they lasted from eight till dawn
isn't that the way
Every maggots got a nest where they can stay

Yeah, I know everybody knows where the beer comes from and where it goes
I know the number for Franklin Just hit rocketdial and they'll deliver a new case of sin

Half my life's lived in Nests & Cages
live and learn from my friends drunken rages
you know it's true
all the maggots come back to booze

Sing with me, sing for the Nest
sing for the laughter and sing for unrest
sing with me,
if it's just today
maybe tomorrow the good Beakey will send us away

Nest on, Nest on, Nest yourself a dream come true
Nest on, nest on, Nest on, and Nest until the beers are through

No comments: