Thursday, July 18, 2013

An Old Poem about Myself.

Little Lizzi weak bladder runs her mouth with non-stop chatter
Too many thoughts too finish each one so I start another one before the last ones done
My brain maps might be hard to follow but Ill explain them to you if you got time I can borrow
See there is a method to my madness its called attention deficit distractedness with a little hyperactivity thrown in the mix
Which will help explain the constant fidgets I’ve been to doctors and therapist so I know my conditions legit.
I can’t listen when you talk to me.. directions, names and numbers are lost on me.
Sometimes I see something shiny and I lose my train of thought
Every once in a while you might think you got me caught
But I can trick you into thinking I know what you just said
I do this with a “yeah” and a nod of my head.
Its not that I’m stupid or that I just don’t care its just I got too much of my own sh*t going on up there.
Not all of its profound not all of it’s worth thinking about
Mostly Im just thinking of what Im gonna wear next time I go out.
But you still can’t hold my interest and I still can’t pay attention.
I’m just involved in my own thoughts and having my own conversation
So don’t blame yourself or think your boring me
I just have too many wheels turning in my head that you can’t see.

No comments: